OUT OF BED WORKOUT
Repeat this cycle 2x right when you wake up in the morning:
- 50 jumping jacks
- 5 pushups
- 20 sit ups
- 20 mountain climbers
- 30 second plank
- 7 burpees
Works your whole body before your brain knows what it’s doing!
This is for those ladies out there who say they can’t workout because they don’t have a membership at the gym because it is either too expensive or they don’t have transportation….
I’ve come to realize and strongly believe that there is NO EXCUSE! If your mind can think it, it’s possible! YOU are your worst enemy at times when it comes down to be dedicated.
…… These are a few quick moves that you can do at home OR at the gym obviously to tone up that booty for your sexy bikinis!
Just keep in mind, just because you exercise doesn’t mean you’ll seek results quickly without a proper diet!
Get motivated. Get fit!
Add Variations To Your Box Jumps
Lateral Jump to Box
1. Stand to the side of the box with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
2. Lower body in to a semi-squat position and jump up on to the box. Do not hold a squat position before jumping up— keep the time between dipping down and jumping up to a minimum.
3. Feet should land softly on the box. Step back down and repeat.
Lateral Box Push-Offs
1. Stand to the side of the box and place the left foot on top of the box.
2. Push off the box using the left leg only and explode vertically as high as possible. Drive the arms forward and up for maximum height.
3. Land with right foot on the box and left foot on the ground to the other side of the box.
4. Repeat from this side.
Lateral Hurdle Jumps
1. Stand beside object to be cleared.
2. Bring knees up and jump vertically but also laterally off the ground and over the barrier.
3. Land on both feet and immediately jump the other direction back over the barrier.
4. Try not to pause between jumps or sink down into a squat position.
1. Begin by standing on the box with toes close to the edge, feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Step off (do not jump off) box and land on both feet. Immediately jump up as high as possible and reach up with both hands toward the sky. The jump should be vertical with no horizontal movement.
4. Ground contact time should be short. Landing should be soft. Note: Start with a shorter box. Intensity can be increased by gradually increasing the box height.
blogilates - what makes you bootyful butt challenge | full video here!
DEADLIFT TO HIGH PULL
Challenge: Add 3-5 sets of this total body move to your workout today! Use a weight that challenges you.
Aim for 1 minute per set or 8-12 reps. (if the last few reps are easy, your weight isn’t heavy enough!)
Advanced? Try a single leg deadlift instead. :)
HOW TO DO IT
A. Hold dumbbells in front of your thighs, palms facing your legs, feet hip-width apart. Keep knees slightly bent.
B. Lean forward and lower your torso until it’s almost parallel to the floor. Keep your lower back flat (hinge at your hips) and chest open. Dumbbells stay close to your body.
C. Pause, squeeze your glutes and push your hips forward to return to standing, pulling the dumbbells to your chest. Keep your core tight and focus on using your glutes to do the lifting (and not your lower back).
D. Return to start. That’s one rep.
Via Women’s Health
I just released the first ever Blogilates Workout Calendar for June 2012! To get the secret password to view it, please sign up for my newsletter (free) and I will email it to you. You can sign up here (top right hand corner of blog).
Sign up now because I will email again before I go to bed.
Enjoy POPsters! Love you so much :)
PS…if nothing is loading, I’m really sorry. It must be the traffic. Try to come back later after the traffic from this post dies down. I’m trying to take care of the issue ASAP. Hopefully I can handle all u guys at once by the end of the week :) Thanks for your patience.
Follow me and let’s do the whole routine together here. <— Click to see the video!!